In the late 19th century, the Massey family houses at 515 and 519 Jarvis Street played a significant role in establishing and promoting Jarvis Street as an attractive neighbourhood for the city’s elite. 515 Jarvis was designed by Wm. Young and built in 1868. An addition by G.M. Miller was done in 1882. 519 Jarvis was built in 1887 by E.J. Lennox with additions in 1907 by Sproatt & Rolph. 515 and 519 Jarvis Street are both designated by the City of Toronto under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act and are also protected by Heritage Easement Agreements. The two abutting properties on Wellesley Place are also designated properties.
ERA was initially commissioned by the Ontario Realty Corporation to assess the heritage value of the properties. Subsequently ERA oversaw a series of conservation repairs for Cityscape Developments.