This project involved the heritage conservation of the Royal Canadian Military Institute on Toronto’s University Avenue. Built in 1907, expanded in 1912, 1935 and renovated in the 1960s, the RCMI has a long history of evolving to meet the needs of its members.
A partnership between the Royal Canadian Military Institute and Tribute Communities will allow for a condominium to be built on the site, while accommodating the expansion of the RCMI and providing improved storage and display of their significant military library and museological collection. The new building will include a reconstruction of the historic façade as it appeared in 1935 which will be the main entrance to the building.
The project involves the documentation of the building as it currently exists, salvage of some original elements, and reproduction of the façade according to archival records.