The Sheppard Estate includes a collection of four buildings located in the Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area in Aurora. The Residence and outbuildings were built in 1920 for timber company executive Charles H. Sheppard. The Residence is an early product of prominent Toronto architect A.S. Mathers, and is a rare Ontario example of English Arts and Crafts residential architecture, with vertical proportions, steeply pitched roof, clustered windows, timbered sleeping porches and pebble-dash stucco exterior. The majority of exterior fabric including window sash is original. Most of the interior fittings and finishes have also survived in-tact. The two-storey garage and other outbuildings on the site are designed as an ensemble, with dropsiding to complement the architecture of the Residence.
In June of 2010, ERA Architects Inc. was engaged by the Ontario Heritage Trust to undertake a condition assessment and to oversee the exterior restoration of the buildings on the Sheppard Estate.