E.R.A. Architects and Shoalts Brothers Construction were awarded the Peter Stokes Award for Restoration from the ACO for the exterior restoration of the Miller House, in Niagara-on-the-Lake. The 1817 house is noted in several of Peter Stokes’ publications for its refined architectural quality and evidence of early 19th-century construction techniques and taste. Now part of the Pillar and Post Inn, it was restored by E.R.A. using sound heritage principles and the highest conservation standards.
E.R.A. Architects receiving the award. From left: ACO president Lloyd Alter, Edwin and Jan of ERA Architects, award sponsor Don Hutchison of J D Strachan, and presenting sponsor George Rust-D’Eye of WeirFoulds LLP.
Scott, Jan, and Edwin celebrating.
Michael and Dan Schneider, recently retired from the Ministry of Tourism and Culture.