4301 KingstonEn Français >
ERA Architects, in joint venture with SvN Architects and Planners, has completed the deep energy retrofit of 4301 Kingston, a 419-unit complex completed in 1968 in east Scarborough which houses more than 1,000 residents, and owned by Toronto Community Housing.
The project improved tenant health, comfort, and safety, while reducing utility consumption and GHG emissions by up to 30%. The project included major structural and envelope remediation including window and balcony door replacement, addition of thermostatic controls to individual units, high-efficiency mechanical systems, and a number of electrical and water conservation measures.
- Owner: Toronto Community Housing
- Architect: ERA Architects Inc. / SvN Architects and Planners
- Landscape Architect: ERA Architects Inc.
- Building Envelope and Structural Engineers: Entuitive Corporation
- Mechanical Engineer: Smith + Anderson
- Electrical Engineer: Smith + Anderson
- Sustainability Consultant: JMV Consulting
- Toronto Community Housing
- SvN Architects and Planners
- Entuitive Corporation (structural engineers), Smith + Anderson (mechanical & electrical engineer), JMV Consulting (sustainability consultant)
- Development & Urban Planning/Energy Retrofits & Sustainable Design/Landscape & Urban Design/Tower Renewal
- Housing/Multi-Unit Residential