The Kerr Log House
The Kerr Log House is one of few remaining two-storey log houses in Southern Ontario. Built around 1845 by the Kerr family, early settlers of the former Albion Township. The log house was dismantled and donated to the Town of Caledon in the fall of 2001. Since this time members of the local heritage community have prepared a draft strategy for the re-erection and reuse of the house as a community centre for the promotion of cultural heritage and tourism.
ERA was retained by the Caledon Heritage Foundation to undertake a feasibility study of this proposed strategy and to develop appropriate plans for its implementation and management.