Located in downtown Toronto, Osgoode Hall is a National Historic Site, which has been the centre of legal activity in Ontario for more than 170 years. The building is named after the first Chief Justice of the province, William Osgoode. The east wing of the building was built in 1829-32 and remodelled in 1884-46 by architect Henry Bowyer Lanes and the west and central portions of the building were added at this time. In 1857-60 architects Cumberland and Storm rebuilt the centre section of the building. The institution’s grounds cover six acres and are defined by an intricate wrought iron cow gate fence.
Since 1998, ERA has provided a wide range of architectural services for the Law Society of Upper Canada, including exterior masonry repairs; renovations in public areas to ensure consistency, such as improving finishes, designing new light fixtures, replacing doors and mill work; restoring the mahogany Robing Room and lounge; and preparing a fireplace conservation plan and recommending how to fix them.
- Upper Canada law Society of Canada
- Building Conservation