Hamilton HouseEn Français >
Working with the young and savvy family, ERA designed a functional addition and associated alterations to the Stockbroker Tudor house. Built in 1937, modifications to the registered historic home needed to blend seamlessly blend with the Tudor exterior and the clients’ clear and established vision for the interior.
Centered around a large kosher kitchen, the addition solves the clients’ complex brief in a compact envelope, establishing a natural flow to the ground floor that allowed the growing family to decouple daily use from entertaining. At the partial second level of the addition, anticipating future bedroom conversion, an office was reconfigured to regularize the informal staircase and align with the existing second floor. The exterior forms stay subordinate to the original elements and respond to; a revised vehicular approach, side-yard landscaping and existing swimming pool.
Photography courtesy of Tom Vogel