Canadian Film Centre, WindfieldsEn Français >
The Canadian Film Centre is located on a 1930’s neo-Georgian estate of one of Canada’s leading businessmen, the late E.P. Taylor. The estate comprises many buildings including a gatehouse, stables and gardener’s cottage set in a formalized landscape. The cultural significance of the site and associated buildings relates to the continued progression of the Canadian business elite from the Victorian and Edwardian enclaves like Rosedale and Forest Hill to the estate lands beyond. The property is designated by the City of Toronto under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act.
ERA regularly assisted the Canadian Film Centre with building maintenance and conservation issues, including the reconstruction of the stone retaining wall.