Burano – Addison MotorsEn Français >
ERA provided a Heritage Impact Statement and Conservation and Restoration Plan for a high-end 48-storey residential condominium development above the neo-Gothic inspired former McLaughlin Motors Building. Designed by Hutton and Souter Architects and constructed in 1925, the City of Toronto designated the property in December 1999.
The building was methodically dismantled stone by stone, removed from the site and stored until the new super structure could be constructed. The original building was returned to the site and reconstructed exactly as it appeared previously, enveloping the new building behind.