St. George’s United Church was designed by architects Langley and Howland and built in 1924. An addition was built in 1932 designed by J. Francis Brown and Son. The Church has a fine collection of more than 25 stained glass windows completed at different periods. When the church was built, the stained glass windows were set into precast tracery which was in turn set into stone masonry openings. The precast components deteriorated over time from exposure to the elements and rusting of the internal steel reinforcement bars.
As the heritage architect, ERA oversaw the staged restoration of the east, south and west stained glass windows. New precast elements were constructed and assembled to match the size and appearance of the originals. The stained glass windows were carefully removed and fully restored by stained glass window specialist, John Wilcox of Vitreous Glassworks. The restored windows were reinstalled to allow for interior ventilation and prevent overheating. New safety glass was also installed on the exterior side of the window to protect the restored window from the elements and vandalism.