ERA Architects

Church of the Epiphany

Formerly known as New St. Paul’s, this robust Gothic Revival church was designed by prominent Detroit architect Gordon W. Lloyd in 1887. Built on an important corner in downtown Woodstock, the church was conceived as a grander and more centralized house of worship than the town’s original and still existing Anglican Church.

ERA was asked to propose different ways of reconfiguring the chancel to accommodate the contemporary needs of the congregation and musical ensembles. This involved an assessment of the excellent liturgical furnishings and an analysis for their re-arrangement within a more flexibly configured chancel.

Meta
2000 (00-012)

2000 - Study for architectural alteration