ERA Architects Inc. (ERA) is an award-winning architecture and planning firm focused on conservation through reactivation. Working across a lively spectrum of scales and locales, we develop heritage planning approaches that renew and improve the built environment. The work we produce touches a wide range of sectors such as governmental and educational institutions, public housing agencies, healthcare, arts & culture, recreational, commercial and retail, hospitality, and residential.
ERA is looking for an experienced Proposal Coordinator to join our Proposal Team. Reporting to the Proposal Manager and Director of Finance, this role involves the production and coordination of formal Request for Proposal (RFP) submissions as well as a high volume of fee proposals, and marketing collateral.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, offers excellent communication skills, excels in developing high quality designed submissions, and prioritizing work in order to meet multiple, and often competing deadlines.
- Coordination and production of proposals in response to formal RFPs and a high volume of fee letters.
- Writing, copy-editing, graphic design and coordination of content with in-house staff and outside consultants.
- Development and updating of marketing collateral including project profiles, project descriptions, staff resumes, templates, presentations and brochures.
- Daily search for new bidding opportunities on merx, biddingo, bids and tenders etc.
- Review of contractual documents to help ensure inclusion of clear, risk-mitigated scope (inclusions and exclusions), assumptions, terms and conditions with reference to ERA standards. Raises questions / concerns as appropriate.”
- Provide back-up to other marketing staff.
- At least 3 years of proposal experience in the AEC industry.
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Experience in working independently to develop proposals in response to formal Request for Proposals for public sector clients (experience developing Provincial and Federal level proposals would be an asset).
- Experience coordinating with multi-disciplinary teams (both internal and external) to prepare proposals.
- Experience developing project-specific promotional materials, establishing key selling points and product differentiators.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to work with confidential information.
- Experience working under tight deadlines.
- Proficient using Adobe InDesign (minimal Photoshop)
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Excellent copy-editing skills
- Project Management skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form strong working relationships.
- Knowledge or interest in architecture, city building, cultural sector or heritage conservation work would be considered an asset.
- Deals well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SUBMIT: To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Pellegrino via email at [email protected]