ERA Architects Inc. (ERA) is an award-winning architecture and planning firm focused on conservation through reactivation. Working across a lively spectrum of scales and locales, we develop heritage planning approaches that renew and improve the built environment. The work we produce touches a wide range of sectors such as governmental and educational institutions, public housing agencies, healthcare, arts & culture, recreational, commercial and retail, hospitality, and residential.
The Finance and Operation Department is seeking a Bilingual Accounting Coordinator to join their dynamic team, located in the Toronto Office. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this individual’s main responsibilities will be to process account receivables and payables and process transactions/billing.
Collections & Accounts Receivables
- Respond to all emails sent to the accounting inbox and forward emails addressed to team members.
- Assure clients are aware of monthly accounts by sending monthly client statements by email.
- Facilitate and document all 60 day past due accounts through sending collections emails with statement of account to all clients, every 2 weeks, with accounts 60 days past due.
- Ensure all collection notes are accurate.
- Communicate to client’s options for payment and encourage the payment of invoice by Electronic Funds Transfer to ensure all clients who pay by cheque are notified of EFT payment information.
- Follow up with clients who request to pay their invoice by credit card by taking credit card number and processing through Global Payments.
- Deposit cheques via third party cheque scanning machine at least three days a week in the office (625 Church St)
- Monitor and Respond to all emails sent to the accounts payable inbox.
- Prepare weekly payment runs with relevant receipts and approvals and submit it to Finance Manager for review.
- Reconcile monthly executive and office credit card expenses.
- Assists with organization of financial files.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting/finance moving towards a professional designation and/or a diploma of collegial studies in accounting/ finance or 10+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience within the professional services or manufacturing industry
- Fluent in both English and French (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Excellent communication skills especially when interacting with clients to request payment and following up on past due payments.
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Analytical skills.
- Experience with a labour-based project accounting system or similar accounting software.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in ERA and this role to [email protected] . Please address your application to Tara Moran, Finance Manager.
Inclusive + equitable work environment
ERA is committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made to persons with disabilities during recruitment and assessment processes. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. To request reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, contact Elizabeth Pellegrino from the Human Resources Department at 1-437-900-8015 or [email protected]