Reports to: Operations Manager / Finance Manager
Team: Finance & Operations
Service Line/Department: Administration
As a Finance and Operation Administrator, you would assist with project set-up and closure in the accounting / project management software, accounts receivable collection, accounts payable administration and general administration and correspondence.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the Ajera stage one project setup process including new project numbers/description prior to creation of the proposal. Ensure the project setup template is completed in full so that critical data can be transferred into Ajera. Responsible for updating the Excel job list as well as setup of the project folder on the server.
- Responsible for changing project status (close, hold) in Ajera and job list per requests sent to project setup.
- Complete ad hoc projects (targeted data clean up, etc) assigned by Operations Manager.
- Communication with Principals, Associates and staff to extract and provide information relative to opening and closing projects.
Collections & Accounts Receivables
- Responsible for assuring clients are aware of monthly accounts by sending monthly client statements by email.
- Facilitate and document all 60 day past due accounts through sending collections emails with statement of account to all clients, every 2 weeks, with accounts 60 days past due. Ensure all collection notes are accurate.
- Communicate to client’s options for payment. Encourage the payment of invoice by Electronic Funds Transfer by ensuring all clients who pay by cheque are notified of EFT payment information.
- Follow up with clients who request to pay their invoice by credit card by taking credit card number and processing through Global Payments.
- Deposit cheques via third party cheque scanning machine at least three days a week in the office (625 Church St)
- Monitor and Respond to all emails sent to the expenses inbox
- Prepare (semi-monthly) Expenses Summary with relevant receipts and expense reports and submit to Finance Manager for review
- Respond to all emails sent to the accounting inbox and forward emails addressed to team members.
- Check staff Ajera time entries at end of month. Compile list of staff with outstanding time and send to Finance Coordinator.
- Diploma of Collegial studies; or approved equivalent
- A strong understanding of operational and data processing
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (French is an asset)
- Minimum of 1 year of previous data and/or systems management experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced excel experience
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to cope with routine tasks
- Analytical skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SUBMIT: To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Pellegrino via email at [email protected]