On October 30th 2006, ERA was honoured to receive a Heritage Toronto Award of Merit for Architectural Conservation and Craftsmanship on Toronto Police Services 51 Division Building. The consultant team for this adaptive reuse project included ERA, Stantec Architecture Ltd., Eastern Construction and Colonial Building Restoration.
ERA is pleased to announce that The Ojibway Club in Pointe au Baril, Ontario was the recipient of this year’s Wood Council Heritage Award. Also recognized was the Boiler House Restaurant at the Distillery District, this year’s commercial recipient of the Council’s Wood Design Award.
Congratulations to all of this year’s winners!
This past year ERA Principal Michael McClelland was a guest lecturer at Simon Fraser University. His lectures on Respectful Rehabilitation included “Rehabilitation and New Design – The Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario” and “Balancing Heritage Conservation in the Private Sector: A Case Study of the Distillery District in Toronto”. They can now be viewed online at www.sfu.ca/city/city_pgm_videos.htm
The Old Mount Sinai Hospital building, originally built in 1934 and left partially demolished in 1988, has been repaired and made weather tight with the assistance of ERA. It will be moved onto the sidewalk of Yorkville Avenue while the new foundations for 100 Yorkville are constructed, and then returned to its original location.
ERA worked with K. Paul Architect Inc. to restore 95A Bloor Street West in the spirit of its 1950s Scandinavian design for the launch of Far Coast coffee in Toronto on September 22.