ERA Architects

Featured Projects

7 St. Thomas St.

7 St Thomas integrates a sleek, undulating fritted-glass mid-rise office building designed by the prominent architectural firm…

The Distillery District

The Gooderham and Worts Historic District is a National Historic Site and former home to the largest…

Evergreen Brick Works

Founded in 1889, the Don Valley Brick Works extracted local clay, shale, and sand to become the…

Art Gallery of Ontario

The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is an important cultural institution both locally for the City of…

Maple Leaf Gardens

Recognized as a National Historic Site, Maple Leaf Gardens has served as a continuous hub of civic…

Projects by Date

The Grange

The oldest remaining brick house in Toronto, the Grange is a fine example of Georgian architecture, with…

Wild Rose Bunkie

This site is located on an outer island of Pointe au Baril in Georgian Bay. ERA was…

Wild Rose Cottage

This cottage is situated on an outer island of Pointe au Baril in Georgian Bay. ERA was…

Brampton Heritage Theatre

The Heritage Theatre, formally the Capital Theatre, has a long history within the city of Brampton. Built…

Forsey Page House

Constructed in 1929 in Toronto’s Lawrence Park neighbourhood, 79 Dawlish was once home to Forsey Page of…

Sony Centre

The Sony Centre is a modernist concert hall built in 1959-60 and designed by Toronto architect Earle…

Five Corners

Five Corners is a development by Concert Properties for the site at Front Street and Church Street,…

One Bedford Road

John Lyle originally purchased this site for his architectural studio in 1919 and he built a two-storey…

Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum

The Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum, located on Woodbine Avenue north of Bloomington Road,  is a grouping of small heritage…

Soldiers’ Tower

Soldiers’ Tower commemorates the 1,200 University of Toronto students who served during World War I. Designed by…

Bishop’s Block

The Bishop’s Block, a designated heritage property, was built circa 1829. It is considered one of the…

Victoria Memorial Square

Victoria Memorial Square is the City of Toronto’s first European cemetery. It was created in 1793/94 by…

Minto St. Thomas

The project includes the development of a condominium and rental building and the heritage designation of the…

Asylum Wall at CAMH

The “Asylum Wall” borders the site of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) at 1001…

Royal Ontario Museum

The Royal Ontario Museum is a national cultural and architectural landmark, and is designated under Part IV…

Loretto Condominium

This project converted the Loretto Abbey School in the Annex, a designated heritage property, into residential condominium…

Whitehern Museum

A National Historic Site, Whitehern Historic House and Garden is the former estate of the prominent McQuesten…

Wesley Building

The Wesley Building was designed by Burke Horwood & White in 1913 to house the Methodist Book…

The Abbey

The Abbey Residential Condominium at 384 Sunnyside Avenue is a conversion of Howard Park Methodist Church. Modern…

Mill St. Brewery

Located in the Distillery District National Historic Site, the Mill St. Brewery is designated by the City…

The Carlu

The former Eaton’s College Street contains one of the finest Art Moderne interiors in Canada, the Carlu.…

121-123 Scollard Street

121-123 Scollard Street was constructed by 1884, developed by Leeds Sheppard, a prominent landowner in Yorkville. This…

Bloor Gladstone Library

The construction of the Chapman & McGiffin designed public library, formerly known as the Dovercourt Branch, began…

Casey House: 571 Jarvis

Commissioned by clothing manufacturer William R. Johnston, and built in 1875 by prominent local architectural firm, Langley,…

Crangle’s Collision

Crangle’s Collision (the former International Harvesters’ Building) has been an Art Moderne accent at the corner of…

King Edward Precinct Study

The residential buildings within the King Edward precinct of Ottawa were constructed between 1880 and 1921. A…

The Stone Distillery

The Stone Distillery is the most prominent structure on the site of the Distillery District, National Historic…

Commissioner’s Park

ERA served as heritage and cultural planning consultant for the conceptual park designs for Commissioners Park, the…

Defining the Public Realm Plan

“Defining the Public Realm” was created in 2003 for the Culture Division, Economic Development, Culture and Tourism…

66 Metcalfe Street

ERA was retained to rehabilitate the front façade and entry of this Cabbagetown home removing its insul-brick…

Joy Oil Gas Station

The Joy Oil Station is the last of at least 16 stations built of the same design…

Renwood House

Renwood House is a large Italianate villa with robust classical detail. In 2001 the attic and roof…