ERA Architects

Featured Projects

Projects by Date

Trinity Bellwoods Gates

Trinity Bellwoods Park was formerly part of a large swath of military reserve around the nascent Town…

Summerhill House

This project involved the extensive interior renovation and façade restoration of a historic John Wilson Siddall house…

Junction Commons Project

Formerly in operation as Division 11 of the Toronto Police Services, this 1960s building is being considered…

The Grange

The oldest remaining brick house in Toronto, the Grange is a fine example of Georgian architecture, with…

Elihu Cottage

This off-grid historic cottage burned down during a spring opening. The owners wanted to rebuild it as…

Wild Rose Bunkie

This site is located on an outer island of Pointe au Baril in Georgian Bay. ERA was…

Outer Island Cottage

This cottage is part of a family compound occupying an outer island at Pointe au Baril, Georgian…

Ardshona

This project involved the refurbishment of a two-acre island in the archipelago at Pointe au Baril, Ontario,…

Deda’s Cottage

This Pointe au Baril Island cottage has been in the same family since its construction in 1923.…

Wild Rose Cottage

This cottage is situated on an outer island of Pointe au Baril in Georgian Bay. ERA was…

Laval School of Architecture

Contemporary architects can address history in one of two ways, either by exclusion or inclusion. Exclusion would…

Ashbridge Estate

The Ashbridge Estate consists of two residential buildings and four outbuildings, including a two storey Regency and…

Brampton Heritage Theatre

The Heritage Theatre, formally the Capital Theatre, has a long history within the city of Brampton. Built…

Lambert-Smye Estate

The Lambert-Smye Estate property, located at 394 Lakeshore Road West, is one of the few remaining intact…

Forsey Page House

Constructed in 1929 in Toronto’s Lawrence Park neighbourhood, 79 Dawlish was once home to Forsey Page of…

Brodie House

The Brodie House is at a unique interface of the Headford business park and the residential neighbourhood…

Stanley Barracks

The Stanley Barracks is the sole remaining structure of the New Fort at York erected in 1841…

Sheppard Estate

The Sheppard Estate includes a collection of four buildings located in the Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area in…

Sony Centre

The Sony Centre is a modernist concert hall built in 1959-60 and designed by Toronto architect Earle…

Five Corners

Five Corners is a development by Concert Properties for the site at Front Street and Church Street,…

One Bedford Road

John Lyle originally purchased this site for his architectural studio in 1919 and he built a two-storey…

Auchmar Estate

Auchmar Estate was built by Isaac Buchanan, a prominent economist and politician, between 1852 and 1854 on…

Spruce Court Cooperative

Spruce Court Cooperative was started in 1913 and was designed by Eden Smith, a well-known Toronto architect.…

Claridge Apartments

The Claridge Apartment Building located on the ridge on Clarendon Avenue at Avenue Road is a notable…

Spirit of Sir John A.

Confederation Park was opened in 1967 to mark the centenary of Canada’s confederation, on the site of…

People Per Hectare

Density is one of the key tools currently used for planning cities. Architects, planners, and policy makers…

Canada Malting Silo

The Canada Maltings Co. is a former industrial complex located at the foot of Bathurst Quay in…

Sudbury Court House

ERA provided research and consultation on the heritage resources that could be affected by the proposed alterations…

Victoria Memorial Square

Victoria Memorial Square is the City of Toronto’s first European cemetery. It was created in 1793/94 by…

100 Yorkville Avenue

Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital was founded on this site in 1923. In 1930, a new surgical wing…

Found Toronto

Found Toronto was presented as part of the Building On History exhibit that opened at Harbourfront Centre…

The Kerr Log House

The Kerr Log House is one of few remaining two-storey log houses in Southern Ontario. Built around…

Whitehern Museum

A National Historic Site, Whitehern Historic House and Garden is the former estate of the prominent McQuesten…