ERA Architects

Featured Projects

Drake Devonshire Inn

The Drake Devonshire Inn is located in the pastoral Prince Edward County town of Wellington, Ontario. ERA…

Windsor Star

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

Sharon Temple

Sharon Temple is a masterpiece in wood construction. It was completed in 1832 by the Children of…

Culture of Outports

Culture of Outports This initiative by ERA Architects and the Centre for Urban Growth and Renewal (CUG+R),…

East Scarborough Storefront

This collaborative project empowered local Scarborough residents to transform previously under-utilized land into a dynamic campus of…

Projects by Date

Church of the Redeemer

The Church of the Redeemer is an important landmark at the corner of Bloor Street West and…

111 Richmond St. W.

This 15-storey building, designed by now legendary Peter Dickinson and Morden Yolles, is one of only a…

Gemini

GEMINI House is a collaboration in low-energy retrofit research between the University of Toronto and Ryerson University,…

St James’ Cathedral

Located in downtown Toronto, St. James’ Cathedral is the city’s oldest Anglican church and a fine example…

Kingston Culture Plan

In 2009 the City of Kingston engaged a consultant team to undertake the Kingston Community Cultural Policy…

Windsor Armouries

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

Windsor Bus Depot

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

Kensington Market Lofts

ERA is working with Kensington Market Lofts on a long-term upgrade of the building’s terracotta brick exterior.…

11 Division

Carleton Village School was declared surplus by the Toronto District School Board and, with no protection through…

Lombard Street

Numbers 26–34 Lombard St., which date to the 1890s, are fine examples of the Romanesque Revival style…

Allandale Station

Allandale Station is located along the southeastern edge of the city of Barrie, Ontario. Designed by the…

Osgoode Hall

Located in downtown Toronto, Osgoode Hall is a National Historic Site, which has been the centre of…

Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum

The Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum, located on Woodbine Avenue north of Bloomington Road,  is a grouping of small heritage…

Soldiers’ Tower

Soldiers’ Tower commemorates the 1,200 University of Toronto students who served during World War I. Designed by…

5 St. Joseph

The 5 St. Joseph Street project involves the conservation, adaptive re-use and integration of ten existing buildings…

Cultural Mapping

Working with the City of Toronto and the Martin Prosperity Institute, ERA is developing a series of…

Allstream Centre

The Automotive building was constructed in 1929 as a venue for the exhibition of new automobiles. This…

Minto St. Thomas

The project includes the development of a condominium and rental building and the heritage designation of the…

Cambridge City Hall

Built in 1857 and designed by H.B. Sinclair, Cambridge City Hall is a fine example of Italianate…

Asylum Wall at CAMH

The “Asylum Wall” borders the site of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) at 1001…

St. Lawrence Hall

St. Lawrence Hall was completed in 1850. Designed by William Thomas, it was established to provide a…

Loretto Condominium

This project converted the Loretto Abbey School in the Annex, a designated heritage property, into residential condominium…

Wesley Building

The Wesley Building was designed by Burke Horwood & White in 1913 to house the Methodist Book…

The Abbey

The Abbey Residential Condominium at 384 Sunnyside Avenue is a conversion of Howard Park Methodist Church. Modern…

Mill St. Brewery

Located in the Distillery District National Historic Site, the Mill St. Brewery is designated by the City…

Richmond Adelaide Centre

The Richmond Adelaide Centre consists of a large block of commercial buildings in downtown Toronto. Significant heritage…

The Carlu

The former Eaton’s College Street contains one of the finest Art Moderne interiors in Canada, the Carlu.…

Casey House: 571 Jarvis

Commissioned by clothing manufacturer William R. Johnston, and built in 1875 by prominent local architectural firm, Langley,…

King Edward Precinct Study

The residential buildings within the King Edward precinct of Ottawa were constructed between 1880 and 1921. A…

Union Station

Union Station is recognized under the Railway Stations Protection Act as a nationally significant heritage building and…

The Stone Distillery

The Stone Distillery is the most prominent structure on the site of the Distillery District, National Historic…

Ojibway Club

The Ojibway Club is a rare surviving example of the wooden resort hotel once common in the…

Commissioner’s Park

ERA served as heritage and cultural planning consultant for the conceptual park designs for Commissioners Park, the…