ERA Architects

Featured Projects

The Tower Renewal Project

The Toronto area contains the second largest concentration of high-rise buildings in North America. The majority of…

Selma Göteberg

ERA and Arup collaborated to join a number of European firms in a parallel commission to reimagine…

Projects by Date

Imperial Plaza

The Mathers and Haldenby-designed Imperial Plaza Building at 111 St. Clair Avenue West is a 21-storey Modernist…

Mirvish Village

Honest Ed’s and Mirvish Village have been part of the Bloor and Bathurst neighbourhood for more than…

100 Spadina Road

The 1969 high rise apartment at 100 Spadina Road contributes to a body of distinctive modernist work…

Summerhill House

This project involved the extensive interior renovation and façade restoration of a historic John Wilson Siddall house…

Gemini

GEMINI House is a collaboration in low-energy retrofit research between the University of Toronto and Ryerson University,…

Elihu Cottage

This off-grid historic cottage burned down during a spring opening. The owners wanted to rebuild it as…

Wild Rose Bunkie

This site is located on an outer island of Pointe au Baril in Georgian Bay. ERA was…

Outer Island Cottage

This cottage is part of a family compound occupying an outer island at Pointe au Baril, Georgian…

Ardshona

This project involved the refurbishment of a two-acre island in the archipelago at Pointe au Baril, Ontario,…

Deda’s Cottage

This Pointe au Baril Island cottage has been in the same family since its construction in 1923.…

Wild Rose Cottage

This cottage is situated on an outer island of Pointe au Baril in Georgian Bay. ERA was…

Gooderham

These two red brick masonry buildings were constructed at the Gooderham & Worts Distillery in 1889 as…

Kensington Market Lofts

ERA is working with Kensington Market Lofts on a long-term upgrade of the building’s terracotta brick exterior.…

Lombard Street

Numbers 26–34 Lombard St., which date to the 1890s, are fine examples of the Romanesque Revival style…

Ashbridge Estate

The Ashbridge Estate consists of two residential buildings and four outbuildings, including a two storey Regency and…

Lambert-Smye Estate

The Lambert-Smye Estate property, located at 394 Lakeshore Road West, is one of the few remaining intact…

Forsey Page House

Constructed in 1929 in Toronto’s Lawrence Park neighbourhood, 79 Dawlish was once home to Forsey Page of…

Sheppard Estate

The Sheppard Estate includes a collection of four buildings located in the Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area in…

Five Corners

Five Corners is a development by Concert Properties for the site at Front Street and Church Street,…

One Bedford Road

John Lyle originally purchased this site for his architectural studio in 1919 and he built a two-storey…

Burano – Addison Motors

ERA provided a Heritage Impact Statement and Conservation and Restoration Plan for a high-end 48-storey residential condominium…

Spruce Court Cooperative

Spruce Court Cooperative was started in 1913 and was designed by Eden Smith, a well-known Toronto architect.…

Claridge Apartments

The Claridge Apartment Building located on the ridge on Clarendon Avenue at Avenue Road is a notable…

5 St. Joseph

The 5 St. Joseph Street project involves the conservation, adaptive re-use and integration of ten existing buildings…

100 Yorkville Avenue

Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital was founded on this site in 1923. In 1930, a new surgical wing…

Minto St. Thomas

The project includes the development of a condominium and rental building and the heritage designation of the…

Concrete Toronto

Toronto is a concrete city. International landmarks, civic buildings, cultural institutions, metropolitan infrastructure and housing from high-rise…

Loretto Condominium

This project converted the Loretto Abbey School in the Annex, a designated heritage property, into residential condominium…

The Abbey

The Abbey Residential Condominium at 384 Sunnyside Avenue is a conversion of Howard Park Methodist Church. Modern…

121-123 Scollard Street

121-123 Scollard Street was constructed by 1884, developed by Leeds Sheppard, a prominent landowner in Yorkville. This…

Crangle’s Collision

Crangle’s Collision (the former International Harvesters’ Building) has been an Art Moderne accent at the corner of…

Ojibway Club

The Ojibway Club is a rare surviving example of the wooden resort hotel once common in the…

66 Metcalfe Street

ERA was retained to rehabilitate the front façade and entry of this Cabbagetown home removing its insul-brick…

Massey – Harris Condominium

This building, the former headquarters of Massey-Harris Tractors, the once massive farm implement manufacturing empire, is the…

Renwood House

Renwood House is a large Italianate villa with robust classical detail. In 2001 the attic and roof…

Big Sound Cottage

Big Sound Rd. winds through rugged Canadian Shield landscape along the eastern edge of Georgian Bay. This…

Colborne Lodge

Built in 1836, Colborne Lodge is listed on Toronto’s inventory of heritage properties.It is an early example…

Ladywood

Built in 1892, Ladywood was one of the earliest summer homes designed by the prominent Toronto architect…