ERA Architects

Featured Projects

Casey House

Commissioned by clothing manufacturer William R. Johnston, and built in 1875 by prominent local architectural firm, Langley,…

Evergreen Brick Works

Founded in 1889, the Don Valley Brick Works extracted local clay, shale, and sand to become the…

Art Gallery of Ontario

The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is an important cultural institution both locally for the City of…

Royal Ontario Museum

The Royal Ontario Museum is a national cultural and architectural landmark, and is designated under Part IV…

MOCA Toronto

The Museum of Contemporary Art, Toronto (formerly the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art – MoCCA) has been…

Sharon Temple

Sharon Temple is a masterpiece in wood construction. It was completed in 1832 by the Children of…

St James’ Cathedral

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Located in downtown Toronto, St. James’ Cathedral is the city’s oldest Anglican church and a fine example…

Union Station Train Shed

The Union Station Train Shed, designed by A.R. Ketterson, a Toronto Terminals Railway Assistant Bridge Engineer, was…

Maple Leaf Gardens

Recognized as a National Historic Site, Maple Leaf Gardens has served as a continuous hub of civic…

Mouth of the Creek Park

Today, lake-fill has shifted the waterfront southward, and Garrison Creek has been buried, but in the late…

All Projects

National Arts Centre, Ottawa

Situated in the heart of the nation’s capital on Confederation Square, Ottawa’s National Arts Centre (NAC) displays…

Little Trinity Annex

The properties at 399-403 King Street East, known as the Francis Beale Buildings, were constructed in the…

Church of the Redeemer

The Church of the Redeemer is an important landmark at the corner of Bloor Street West and…

Trinity Bellwoods Gates

Trinity Bellwoods Park was formerly part of a large swath of military reserve around the nascent Town…

Junction Commons Project

Formerly in operation as Division 11 of the Toronto Police Services, this 1960s building is being considered…

The Grange

The oldest remaining brick house in Toronto, the Grange is a fine example of Georgian architecture, with…

Windsor Armouries—UW

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate downtown Windsor, several heritage buildings have been adapted…

Windsor Star Building—UW

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

Windsor Bus Depot—UW

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

11 Division

Carleton Village School was declared surplus by the Toronto District School Board and, with no protection through…

Laval School of Architecture

Contemporary architects can address history in one of two ways, either by exclusion or inclusion. Exclusion would…

Ashbridge Estate

The Ashbridge Estate consists of two residential buildings and four outbuildings, including a two storey Regency and…

Brampton Heritage Theatre

The Heritage Theatre, formally the Capital Theatre, has a long history within the city of Brampton. Built…

Brodie House

The Brodie House is at a unique interface of the Headford business park and the residential neighbourhood…

Stanley Barracks

The Stanley Barracks is the sole remaining structure of the New Fort at York erected in 1841…

Sheppard Estate

The Sheppard Estate includes a collection of four buildings located in the Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area in…

Allandale Station

Allandale Station is located along the southeastern edge of the city of Barrie, Ontario. Designed by the…

Sony Centre

The Sony Centre is a modernist concert hall built in 1959-60 and designed by Toronto architect Earle…

Osgoode Hall

Located in downtown Toronto, Osgoode Hall is a National Historic Site, which has been the centre of…

Auchmar Estate

Auchmar Estate was built by Isaac Buchanan, a prominent economist and politician, between 1852 and 1854 on…

Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum

The Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum, located on Woodbine Avenue north of Bloomington Road,  is a grouping of small heritage…

Soldiers’ Tower

Soldiers’ Tower commemorates the 1,200 University of Toronto students who served during World War I. Designed by…

Spirit of Sir John A.

Confederation Park was opened in 1967 to mark the centenary of Canada’s confederation, on the site of…

5 St. Joseph

As part of the adaptive reuse of the historic block at Yonge and St. Joseph Streets, the…

Canada Malting Silo

The Canada Maltings Co. is a former industrial complex located at the foot of Bathurst Quay in…

Allstream Centre

The Automotive building was constructed in 1929 as a venue for the exhibition of new automobiles. This…

Sudbury Court House

ERA provided research and consultation on the heritage resources that could be affected by the proposed alterations…

Victoria Memorial Square

Victoria Memorial Square is the City of Toronto’s first European cemetery. It was created in 1793/94 by…

Artscape Wychwood Barns

The Artscape Wychwood Barns is located on the southwest corner of Wychwood and Benson Avenues, near St.…