ERA Architects

Trinity Bellwoods Gates

Trinity Bellwoods Park was formerly part of a large swath of military reserve around the nascent Town of York, founded in 1791. In 1851, Bishop John Strachan purchased the land as the site for the original Trinity College. This building was completed in 1852, and all that remains of it are the gates we see onsite today.

ERA Architects was engaged by the City of Toronto to assess and refurbish the aging gates, a process that included repairs to the ironwork as well as removal of non-breathable latex paint, general masonry repairs, and partial replacement of deteriorated cast stone elements.

Meta
2011-2012 (11-076-01)