This project involved the extensive interior renovation and façade restoration of a historic John Wilson Siddall house in Toronto. ERA worked with Croma Design to improve the performance of the building’s envelope, redesign the house’s floor plan and interiors, and preserve select elements such as the original living room and staircase hall.
The scope of work for Summerhill House included:
- underpinning to excavate the basement;
- committee of adjustment for added space on a tight lot;
- façade restoration, including flemish bond masonry, replacement of most windows, and refurbishment of original windows with new wood storms;
- design of new access to rear;
- new hvac, electrical, kitchen, baths etc.;
- in-floor heating within existing floor system; and
- protection of original selected heritage interiors.