ERA Architects

One Bedford Road

John Lyle originally purchased this site for his architectural studio in 1919 and he built a two-storey office/studio in the following year. He remained here until his retirement in 1943. The studio has been heavily altered since its construction but many heritage elements remain, including the three-bays of the south façade and the fireplace on the second floor from the former boardroom. ERA was contracted to provide a Heritage Impact Statement, a conservation plan and to organize and specify the salvaging of the original façade and its re-erection as part of the One Bedford condominium complex.

Meta
2004 to 2012 (04-034)

Heritage Architectural Salvage and Re-erection

Client:
Lanterra Developments
Prime Consultants:
KPMB Architects
Page + Steele Architects