ERA Architects

Joy Oil Gas Station

The Joy Oil Station is the last of at least 16 stations built of the same design in Toronto in the 1930’s by the Joy Oil Company Ltd. The building is designated by the City of Toronto under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act. It was built in a miniature chateau style, with distinctive circular tower and conical roof to create an easily recognizable corporate image.

ERA prepared the station and service building for relocation from their original site to the south side of Lake Shore Boulevard for adaptive reuse to better serve the popular recreation area.

Meta
2002 (02-042)

2002 - Heritage Conservation

Building Movers:
Charles Matthews