Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital was founded on this site in 1923. In 1930, a new surgical wing was built by architects Kaminker & Richmond, and the hospital remained on this site until 1953. Subsequently it became a nurse’s residence and then a senior citizens’ home. The property was designated in 1985, but the 1930 wing was partially demolished in 1988.
The current owners have undertaken the rehabilitation of the remaining building, which has been repaired and made weather-tight with the assistance of ERA. The stabilized structure was moved onto the sidewalk of Yorkville Avenue in 2006, while the new foundations for 100 Yorkville were constructed. It was moved back to its final location in 2008 and now houses Teatro Verde. 100 Yorkville is a residential/retail development with underground public parking.