ERA Architects

Featured Projects

Drake Devonshire Inn

The Drake Devonshire Inn is located in the pastoral Prince Edward County town of Wellington, Ontario. ERA…

Windsor Star

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

Sultan Street

This collaboration with Hariri Pontarini Architects adds a mid-rise fritted-glass office building to a block of heritage…

The Distillery District

The Gooderham and Worts Historic District is a National Historic Site and former home to the largest…

Evergreen Brick Works

Founded in 1889, the Don Valley Brick Works extracted local clay, shale, and sand to become the…

Sharon Temple

Sharon Temple is a masterpiece in wood construction. It was completed in 1832 by the Children of…

Art Gallery of Ontario

The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is an important cultural institution both locally for the City of…

Maple Leaf Gardens

Recognized as a National Historic Site, Maple Leaf Gardens has served as a continuous hub of civic…

1 Spadina Crescent

This circular site was designed as a garden feature by the Baldwin family, who owned the Spadina…

Projects by Date

Consumer’s Gas Showroom

2532 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON The Consumer’s Gas building was designed by architect Charles Dolphin and was…

The Broadview Hotel

106 Broadview Ave. The Broadview Hotel is a landmark building at the northwest corner of Queen and…

Imperial Plaza

The Mathers and Haldenby-designed Imperial Plaza Building at 111 St. Clair Avenue West is a 21-storey Modernist…

Little Trinity Annex

The properties at 399-403 King Street East, known as the Francis Beale Buildings, were constructed in the…

Mirvish Village

Honest Ed’s and Mirvish Village have been part of the Bloor and Bathurst neighbourhood for more than…

Government Conference Centre

Constructed in 1912 as Ottawa’s Union Station, the Government Conference Centre (GCC) served as an important railway…

100 Spadina Road

The 1969 high rise apartment at 100 Spadina Road contributes to a body of distinctive modernist work…

Church of the Redeemer

The Church of the Redeemer is an important landmark at the corner of Bloor Street West and…

King Edward Hotel

The King Edward Hotel in downtown Toronto opened in May 1903 as the City’s first “palace hotel”…

Trinity Bellwoods Gates

Trinity Bellwoods Park was formerly part of a large swath of military reserve around the nascent Town…

Summerhill House

This project involved the extensive interior renovation and façade restoration of a historic John Wilson Siddall house…

111 Richmond St. W.

This 15-storey building, designed by now legendary Peter Dickinson and Morden Yolles, is one of only a…

St James’ Cathedral

Located in downtown Toronto, St. James’ Cathedral is the city’s oldest Anglican church and a fine example…

Bay Adelaide Centre

In the 1840s, a row of buildings known as the Elgin Block was constructed along Yonge Street.…

The Grange

The oldest remaining brick house in Toronto, the Grange is a fine example of Georgian architecture, with…

Windsor Armouries

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

Windsor Bus Depot

As part of a long-term planning strategy to rejuvenate the city’s downtown, several heritage buildings are being…

Gooderham

These two red brick masonry buildings were constructed at the Gooderham & Worts Distillery in 1889 as…

11 Division

Carleton Village School was declared surplus by the Toronto District School Board and, with no protection through…

Lombard Street

Numbers 26–34 Lombard St., which date to the 1890s, are fine examples of the Romanesque Revival style…

Laval School of Architecture

Contemporary architects can address history in one of two ways, either by exclusion or inclusion. Exclusion would…

Ashbridge Estate

The Ashbridge Estate consists of two residential buildings and four outbuildings, including a two storey Regency and…

Brampton Heritage Theatre

The Heritage Theatre, formally the Capital Theatre, has a long history within the city of Brampton. Built…

Forsey Page House

Constructed in 1929 in Toronto’s Lawrence Park neighbourhood, 79 Dawlish was once home to Forsey Page of…

Stanley Barracks

The Stanley Barracks is the sole remaining structure of the New Fort at York erected in 1841…

Sheppard Estate

The Sheppard Estate includes a collection of four buildings located in the Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area in…

Allandale Station

Allandale Station is located along the southeastern edge of the city of Barrie, Ontario. Designed by the…

Sony Centre

The Sony Centre is a modernist concert hall built in 1959-60 and designed by Toronto architect Earle…

Five Corners

Five Corners is a development by Concert Properties for the site at Front Street and Church Street,…

Osgoode Hall

Located in downtown Toronto, Osgoode Hall is a National Historic Site, which has been the centre of…

One Bedford Road

John Lyle originally purchased this site for his architectural studio in 1919 and he built a two-storey…