ERA Architects

All Projects

121-123 Scollard Street

121-123 Scollard Street was constructed by 1884, developed by Leeds Sheppard, a prominent landowner in Yorkville. This…

Bloor Gladstone Library

The construction of the Chapman & McGiffin designed public library, formerly known as the Dovercourt Branch, began…

Crangle’s Collision

Crangle’s Collision (the former International Harvesters’ Building) has been an Art Moderne accent at the corner of…

King Edward Precinct Study

The residential buildings within the King Edward precinct of Ottawa were constructed between 1880 and 1921. A…

Little Trinity Church

Dating from 1843, Little Trinity is one of the oldest surviving brick churches in Toronto. This polychrome…

Union Station

Union Station is recognized under the Railway Stations Protection Act as a nationally significant heritage building and…

The Stone Distillery

The Stone Distillery is the most prominent structure on the site of the Distillery District, National Historic…

Ojibway Club

The Ojibway Club is a rare surviving example of the wooden resort hotel once common in the…

Commissioner’s Park

ERA served as heritage and cultural planning consultant for the conceptual park designs for Commissioners Park, the…

Defining the Public Realm Plan

“Defining the Public Realm” was created in 2003 for the Culture Division, Economic Development, Culture and Tourism…

66 Metcalfe Street

ERA was retained to rehabilitate the front façade and entry of this Cabbagetown home removing its insul-brick…

Joy Oil Gas Station

The Joy Oil Station is the last of at least 16 stations built of the same design…

Massey – Harris Condominium

This building, the former headquarters of Massey-Harris Tractors, the once massive farm implement manufacturing empire, is the…

Todmorden Mills Museum

Todmorden Mills is a small mid-nineteenth century industrial complex located in the Don Valley. A designated heritage…

Renwood House

Renwood House is a large Italianate villa with robust classical detail. In 2001 the attic and roof…

Cultural Facilities Database

Cultural facilities are a tangible representation of Toronto’s past, present and future potential to serve the cultural…

The Massey Houses

In the late 19th century, the Massey family houses at 515 and 519 Jarvis Street played a…

Big Sound Cottage

Big Sound Rd. winds through rugged Canadian Shield landscape along the eastern edge of Georgian Bay. This…

Chiefswood Museum

Built in 1853, Chiefswood was the childhood home of E. Pauline Johnson, renowned Canadian poet and performer.…

Old St. Thomas Churchyard

The Old St. Thomas Anglican Church yard contains the elaborate funeral box monument of the Chisholm family,…

The Flatiron Building

An icon of the Toronto streetscape, the Gooderham Building was the headquarters for the Gooderham and Worts…

Church of the Epiphany

Formerly known as New St. Paul’s, this robust Gothic Revival church was designed by prominent Detroit architect…

Mnjikaning Fish Weirs

Mnjikaning Fish Weirs is the largest and best-preserved wooden fish weirs known in eastern North America, in…

Maritime Life Tower

Built in 1909-1910, this Edwardian Baroque building was designed for the Bank of Montreal by the Toronto…

Direct Energy Centre

The principal project created new exhibition halls, and incorporated the existing stone and brick Coliseum Complex, dating…

Ryrie Building

The Ryrie Building is an innovative nineteenth century commercial development designed by architects Langley & Burke and…

The Hard Rock Cafe

The building at 279-283 Yonge Street was constructed in 1918 as a ’Childs Restaurant’. The restaurant was…

Colborne Lodge

Built in 1836, Colborne Lodge is listed on Toronto’s inventory of heritage properties.It is an early example…

Ladywood

Built in 1892, Ladywood was one of the earliest summer homes designed by the prominent Toronto architect…